We are extremely thrilled to announce a landmark sponsorship with Expo 2020 Dubai for the 13th season of the Vivo Indian Premier League (IPL). The one-year deal will see the next World Expo appear on the front of the Rajasthan Royals' jersey as principal sponsor.
Expo 2020, taking place from 20th October 2020 to 10 April 2021, will be the first World Expo in its 169-year history to be staged in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia region (MEASA), and is set to welcome an unprecedented 192 participating countries and 25 million visits from across the globe over a period of 173 days.
The sub-themes of Expo 2020 – Opportunity, Mobility and Sustainability – resonate with Rajasthan Royals’ vision. Like Expo 2020, we believe in acting as a vehicle for change with a track record in providing opportunity for young players to create a brighter future for themselves.
Ranjit Barthakur, Executive Chairman, Rajasthan Royals, said: "We are delighted to announce this landmark deal with Expo 2020 to become principal sponsor of our special franchise. The World Expo is one of the most anticipated and innovative events in history, and it gives me great joy to link up with what will be the biggest event ever in the Arab world. We are looking forward to having a very successful association throughout the 13th season of the IPL. The tournament has always provided fans in India with numerous reasons to celebrate, and we are hoping that through this crucial sponsorship, we can encourage them to be a part of the Expo 2020 as well.”
With the Royals' compelling dynamic of international superstars such as Steve Smith (Australia), Ben Stokes (England) and Jaydev Unadkat (India), and some of the games' brightest emerging talents, combined with the record viewership of the IPL, the association is seen as an ideal fit for The World's Greatest Show – a unique celebration of art, culture, music, architecture, technology and much more.
This association will further enhance the solid relationship between India and the UAE. Millions of cricket fans in the UAE watch and support teams in the IPL, and given the strong bonds of friendship between the two countries and their people, this sponsorship will prove beneficial for both Rajasthan Royals and Expo 2020.
Anthony Ward, Vice President of Marketing, Expo 2020 Dubai, said: “Expo 2020 Dubai will be a showcase of human brilliance and achievement, as well as international collaboration. The association with the IPL franchise will help us build awareness in India, our largest international market, as well as in other cricket-loving nations around the world. I know everyone at Expo 2020 Dubai wishes Rajasthan Royals the best of luck in the 2020 season.”
Joe Woodward, Chief Marketing Officer, Rajasthan Royals, also spoke about the new association: “We are incredibly proud to welcome Expo 2020 Dubai to the Rajasthan Royals family. Like Rajasthan Royals, Expo 2020 believes in creating astonishing events that excite and inspire. A defining feature of Rajasthan Royals, and indeed the IPL, is diversity and the ability to unite the greatest athletes from around the world. In a similar way, Expo 2020 Dubai will unite 192 counties with incredible displays of innovation and creativity. We could not be more excited to bring the sponsorship to life for our fans."
The sponsorship for the eight-week season starting in March will see Expo 2020, Rajasthan Royals and its superstar players come together to showcase Expo 2020’s spectacular vision and innovation.
About Expo 2020 Dubai
Expo 2020 Dubai will bring together millions of people for the World’s Greatest Show; celebrating human brilliance and achievement under the theme ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future’.
- The six months from 20 October 2020 to 10 April 2021 will be a moment in time to be part of an unparalleled event
- 25 million visits are expected, with 70% of visitors anticipated to come from outside the UAE, the largest proportion of international visitors in the 168-year history of World Expos
- An entertaining global celebration with something for everyone, Expo 2020 will wow visitors with 60-plus daily events across 173 days, showcasing the best of music, technology, creativity and culture, while 200 F&B outlets will feature famous chefs and cuisine from every corner of the world
- Visitors will have access to the latest innovations and breakthroughs, with more than 200 participants – including 192 nations, and multilateral organisations, businesses and educational institutions – coming together to highlight real-life solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges
- Expo 2020’s sub-themes of Opportunity, Mobility and Sustainability will inspire visitors to make a conscious effort to think and live differently, and give them renewed optimism that, through collaboration, it is possible to make a lasting change to the world
- The first World Expo to take place in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia (MEASA) region will be located on a 4.38 sqkm site adjacent to Al Maktoum International Airport in Dubai South
The Expo 2020 Dubai Media Information System, Tawassul, is now available by registering at https://media.expo2020dubai.com. Tawassul is your essential tool to access important information and updates on topics such as media accreditation, licences and permits, press releases and visual assets.